Here she is watering (drowning) our little garden the day we planted it. We have corn, tomatoes, jalepenos, broccoli, dill, basil and sunflowers in there. It's more an experiment/project for us to do over the summer than anything else, but we'll see how it goes. She likes tending to it, so that's been fun

The pool opened this weekend, just in time for the heatwave we are having....oooh, it's hot!
Reese can now put her own shoes and pants on...fairly successfully.

And she's still sleeping much much much better than she did. She sleeps silently, it's amazing!

So what else is our little peanut up to? Well, she knows her left from her right! If you know me, you know this is QUITE an accomplishment (and obviously I didn't teach her this), but apparently doing the Hokie Pokie over and over and over at daycare has taught her left vs. right. It's great! She knows the alphabet up to P, and then needs a little help after that. She knows her full name and many of the letters of the alphabet and what words start with them.

And she's still sleeping much much much better than she did. She sleeps silently, it's amazing!

So what else is our little peanut up to? Well, she knows her left from her right! If you know me, you know this is QUITE an accomplishment (and obviously I didn't teach her this), but apparently doing the Hokie Pokie over and over and over at daycare has taught her left vs. right. It's great! She knows the alphabet up to P, and then needs a little help after that. She knows her full name and many of the letters of the alphabet and what words start with them.
She's also become quite good at tattling on people. Including me. Even when it is her own fault. Case in point...the other day she was swinging her arms around while holding something and accidentally smacked me. I asked her to stop and told her if she did it again, I'd take the toy away. She didn't stop. I took it away and put it where she couldn't reach it. And she immediately snitched on me for "taking her toy and putting it up high" and then asked for someone to give it back to her since "Mommy put it up high".
But other than that, Reese is learning to be a good listener and gets a lot of praise for it. She had to come to work with me last week and I asked her to be a good listener while at my office, and she was. She has also been a good listener at other critical times when I've asked her to be. And she will tell you this...."I'm a good listener" is heard quite frequently.
And she's also a good dancer (you should see this girl go!) and a wonderful singer. I think our neighbor's are having a wonderful time listening to a mix of Mary Had a Little Lamb and Wheels on the Bus all day long while she plays outside with her playdough. She also sings Rock A Bye Baby while holding anythign she can get her hands on and cradeling it....her babydoll, the remote, a spoon, even a cheese doodle which she ate after singing to. She sings her heart out while she's playing outside...and in the car.
She loves thunderstorms, especially since I told her that the noise is from clouds bumping into each other, which she has tranlated into "clouds bumping their heads into each other". She thinks this is hilarious and gets really excited when a storm is coming in. She also gets excited (and says "I'm excited!") whenever she wears something that she percieves as princess-like, which is pretty much any outfit that has ruffles on it.
She still loves playing chase and running from people. She likes to chase daddy around the house and pretend he's a bear or a ghost, as long as he confirms that he's "not a ghost!". And she likes to hide, although she doesn't quite understand the rules about Hide-n-Seek just yet and sticks by your side whether it's her turn to hide or seek. She loves baseball and talks about it a lot lately. We're not sure why since we don't really watch baseball, but she tries to throw the ball like a baseball player (leg up, arm back, the whole deal) and she tells me "I want to play baseball with the boys and throw the ball at them and get them out." Sometimes she just says she wants to put the boys in timeout...hey, whatever works.
When something is too big for Reese, she consistently says "I want to make it tiny." It's hilarious. She also says that all the planes in the sky are going to Florida and that all the McDonald's Golden Arches are really "M for mommy". Speaking of M for mommy, Reese learned a song that goes to the tune of Bingo was his Name-o at school, but instead it's Mommy is her Name-o. She sings it a lot and I love it! She also likes to point out everything that is purple to me and tell me "Mommy, that's your favorite." Her favorite color seems to change daily, but she still seems to prefer blue. If you ask her what her favorite color is, she usually says either pink or red. And we play a game every morning when she wakes up and asks me where daddy is. I tell her he's at the beach/moon/pirate ship/zoo, and she says "No mommy, he's at work!!"
And Reese has a jealous side, which we really already knew b/c she doesn't like ANY kid to come near me without her permission. But last week my sister was holding a friend's baby and Reese wanted to play with my sister, and so she said to her very sternly "Put baby down. Put baby down on floor." and my sister said "Well, I can't put the baby down on the floor, Reese." and so Reese gave her the cheesiest smile ever and in a very sweet voice said "If I say pease?" Too cute!! And hilarious!!
And in other updates, she's been upped to 2x a week feeding therapy and 2x a week occupational therapy. Hopefully this works!!

No comments:
Post a Comment