A while ago we bought tickets to see The Lion King as a surprise for Granny's birthday and the big day for the show finally came on 10/10/10...how cool is that? We prepped by watching the movie about a million times, during which Reese learned all the words to Hakuna Matata and I Just Can't Wait To Be King. We all LOVED the show and the trip into NYC to see it. Reese especially! And afterwards she got a little Nala doll, which she carried EVERYWHERE for quite a few days afterwards and even insisted on having it in her preschool class picture.



Another interesting point aboutReese and The Lion King: She was telling me about how Scar (the bad guy) is always doing naughty things, but that maybe if Simba taught him the words to Hakuna Matata and sang it with him, Scar wouldn't be in such a bad mood and therefore (she didn't use that word, I'm paraphrasing here) wouldn't do such naughty things. At which point I fainted and then proclaimed her a CBT genius! It seems we have a budding theorist on our hands!!
No comments:
Post a Comment