Monday, December 13, 2010

two and a half

So all this time Reese has been two people have been talking to me about the "terrible twos" and I've sort of been in denial of them. Which has been easy to do because two really hasn't been all that terrible. Reese has been happy and funny and easily redirected when she's having a moment. Until lately. And as we head into what I'm learning is called the "trying threes", I think we've possibly had it quite easy up until now. She's still happy (most of the time) and funny (all of the time) but is rarely easily redirected. We hear a lot of "I don't want to!!" in response to pretty much anything we say and she's the master of the cheap-shot at me whenever she's mad at anything. Thus, being at home becomes a little stressful when you are spending all of your time in a battle of wills with a tiny little fiesty wanna-be dictator, and so we've been trying to get out as much as possible. One of our new favorite spots is the "windy playground" because it's got lots of room to run around and there's hardly ever any big kids there to bump us around.



No comments: