The other day I was talking to Reese's teacher about something, and as I was speaking I looked over at Reese and saw she was watching me. And she was listening. And she knew I was talking about her. And she was paying very very very close attention. Since day one this baby's been taking it all in, so I wasn't surpised. But now she gets it. And not only does she know what I'm saying, but more and more people are really understanding what she's saying. So, here's a little list of things that Reese talks about lately...nonstop.
~ I wanna go finging on the fings (aka swings).
~Let's go usstairs! (Said as she's pointing down the stairs. No matter where you are, she wants to go usstairs).
~ Light on! Light on! (Said when the lights are off. She's a little afraid of the dark.)
~ What are you talking about? (Said every.single.time. I'm talking on the phone. She also wants to know who I'm talking to.)
~It's ok. Calm down. (Said while gently stroking my arm whenever she thinks I'm getting too riled up. Generally, she thinks that when I'm laughing really loud, that I'm upset...she doesn't quite get it yet.)
~I'm pinky. You're pointer. Daddy's thumbkin.
~ It happens. It's fine. (Usually this is after she spills something or drops something or gets some microscopic piece of dirt on her hands.)
~ We'll do it again. It's ok. (She says this everytime we do something fun and she doesn't want to leave. It's almost like she reassuring herself that we can do it again.)
~I wanna go home. (Whenever we're out and she's upset by something, she wants to go home.)
~My pieces all gone. We'll get more at the store. (Said while shaking her head yes emphatically in reference to Reese's Pieces that I told her were all gone. She definitely perseverates on this topic...to the nth degree.)
~My turn on fing. No, my turn on seesaw. No, my turn on fing. No, my turn on seesaw. (Said any time some other child tries to go on the swing or the seesaw, which she has claimed as ALL MINE.)
~ Bunny take a break. (We went to see the Easter Bunny and he was taking a break. His break was ridiculously long so we left before he came back. She asked to go back the next day so we did and she was very excited to see him...until it was her turn to sit on his lap. At which point she started screaming at the top of her lungs "Help! I wanna go home! Help! I wanna go home!" Could you hear her from her house, because that's how loud she was screaming. Then he gave her a little book and we walked off without getting a picture because I'm not that mean. She's very proud of the fact that she saw the bunny and that he gave her a book, although she openly admits that she's scared (serrrred) of him. And the bunny visit has sparked a whole new discussion of Santa, too. She's serrrred of him, too.)
~No, you do it. (Which sounds like "No, uuudooit." and is said anytime you ask her to do something. A little bit fresh.)
And here's one for the baby book, and also a warning...not for the weak of heart. It involves the fact that my kid knows the names of body parts that I didn't realize she knew.
I was about to get dressed for work and had my clothes lying out on my bed. Reese walked in, picked up my bra, attempted to put it on herself, looked up at me sweetly with her big blue innocent eyes and said "Mommy, put this on your nipples."
Head snapped around. Eyes bugged out. Jaw dropped. Light went off in my head. Jarrett!! (said in my best Jerry Seinfeld "Newman!" voice). He maintains his position that "it's not a bad word" and I maintain my position that "Ye-ahhhhh, but it's weirrrrrrd." Oh boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment