Monday, June 8, 2009

it's a bird, it's a plane...




With all the traveling and fun times lately, we've gotten a little off-track with Reese's sleep schedule. She has always had a hard time settling down at night, but once we get her to sleep she's usually out for the whole night. But when we're here, there, and everywhere she just can't settle down and there's no way this girl is going to sleep in her pack-n-play unless she falls asleep on me and then I put her in there...which is what I'd restorted to. And then J left for a week long business trip while we were in Boston. When Reese and I got back, I learned the hard way that she can get out of her crib. She climbed out faster than you can count 1-2-3. I guess when you only weigh like 18lbs, it's not too hard to hoist yourself up high. Scary!! And since lowering the crib is a two person job, Reese had to sleep with me until J came back. I don't mind sleeping with her, in fact I love the extra snuggles, but Reese doesn't sleep well with me. She stands up, walks around the bed, and generally spends the entire night crying...no good.


So now J is home and we are back to getting her in her (much much much) lower crib. We have it on the toddler bed setting, but did not take the side rails off, so it's not a toddler bed yet...it's still the crib, but at the height of the toddler bed. Her chin barely comes up to the top rail and if she can get out now, we're sending her off to join the circus. Her first animal sound was monkey....how appropriate for this little monkey-child.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

She is a little Monkey! Glad to know that at least one of us gets a little more time with the crib still as a crib! ;)