Friday, October 30, 2009

school halloween party

Warning: the pictures are in backwards order and I don't feel like fixing them so scroll up them to see the story. : )





Reese had her very first school halloween party on Thursday. She was very excited for the party and the "treats" that she was going to get. Unfortunately, she consistently thinks that when I tell her about the treats, I'm talking about cat treats for Paco...eventually she'll figure that out. So she got all dressed in her "poooooky shirt" (spooky shirt) and we headed over with costume in hand for the big party! Yay....or not. Not so much. Reese did not like the party. They combined the two toddler classes and with all the kids, the costumes, the parents with cameras, the grandparents with cameras, the teachers in costumes and the general chaotic ruckus of the day, she was just not happy. She gladly wore her costume for the parade, although she made me carry her. And then she wanted to take it off for the treats, which consisted of cupcakes, red jello (yes...red jello. my arch nemesis. yuck!), dirt-n-worms, cheese doodles, chocolate covered pretzles, dried fruit, fresh fruit cocktail and juice. I took one look at that red jello and practically broke out in hives and lucky for me, Reese took one spoonful of that red jello and proclaimed very loudly "I don't like!" Yay!! She did like the cheese doodles though and spent the rest of the time gobbling them down two at a time. Then we put part of her costume back on (the kicken coat) and went outside for the rest of the parade. The kids looked adorable and we all tried unsuccesfully to get a picture of the group of them. There were several Lightening McQueen's, lots of pumpkins and princesses, a few ladybugs, two dinosaurs, a dragon, a puppy, a lion, Minnie Mouse, Carmen Miranda, quite a few cheerleaders and one redheaded chicken. She did let me put her down very briefly for that and I snapped one less-than-flattering picture. Then we headed back inside and Reese's class went back to their regular room, where Reese showed me how good she is at crawling through the tunner. And then when her other two classmates made it back to the room, the three little one year old girls promptly melted down and freaked out. Sugar crashing at it's ugliest. Reese cried out for milk and I held her while she drank a little and then fell asleep on my shoulder while her teacher held the other two and gave them cuddles. So all in all, it seems the party was a little too much for our girl....maybe next year will go better.

No comments: