Thursday, December 17, 2009

22 months old!


Reese turned 22 months on 11/25 and for once I did not get a onsie picture...bad mommy! Unfortunately I was sick...really sick...and not even coherent enough to remember the date let alone where my camera was. So in lieu of a typical onsie pic, I am presenting you with Reese eating breakfast on 11/16 in her regular 12m sized onsie and her bunny slippers. Because you know how it is...a girl's just gotta have bunny slippers.
And because I'm doing this so late, I'm having a hard time remembering all the details, but the bottom line is that Reese has officially outwitted both her parents. She is so smart!! She talks all the time in sentences up to 7 or 8 words long. She knows all of her colors, body parts, animal noises, and can sing almost all of the words to Jingle Bells, Row Row Row Your Boat, Peas Porridge, Ring Around The Rosie, Wheels On The Bus, ABC's, and the theme songs to Diego, Dora, Elmo's World, Super Why, Sid The Science Kid, and The Wonder Pets. And I'm sure there are other songs, I just sometimes don't realize she knows a song till I sing it and she joins in...it's amazing what she learns at school. I know it sounds like a lot of television, but we leave for work/daycare at a different time everyday and I let her watch whichever of those shows happens to be on while I'm packing her lunch, so she gets a variety of exposure by default.
Reese likes pretend play and taking care of her babies, feeding Paco treats and food (and continues to slide under the babygate to fetch Paco's food for him whenever she thinks I'm not looking), she likes to be chased and surprised and to play rough sometimes. She loves when she finds something funny to do and then making everyone take a turn. Reesey turn, Mommy turn, Daddy turn. She loves to tell me that she's a silly-goose (quite fitting since her nickname is The Goose), but she says it "fa-goose" which makes her sound like she knows how to swear in Italian. She loves to sit on your lap and poke you in the face and play with your hair and she loves getting ready in the morning, including primping with makeup and moisturizer and having her hair done. She loves gorillas, Muppets (she calls them Puppets...which I guess is correct), hugs and kisses, pressing buttons on any toy or computer, drawing with her "pens", reading books (still one of her FAVORITE things to do ever), dancing, being swung around like an airplane, talking talking talking...and talking.
And tons more...she literally likes anything. She loves to go out to dinner and to be out and about seeing things and meeting people. I take her all over with me and if you spend time with me, you have met Reese. She knows my girlfriends and asks for them frequently and then asks about Daddy's friends too. She loves seeing relatives and even when she hasn't seen them in a while, she warms up pretty quickly. She's still a slow to warm up personality with strangers, but once she's comfortable she will run the show and have even the most serious people smiling and laughing at her antics. She's a 20lb walking talking party, this girl.
She can't jump yet, but she does try. She hops around yelling "HOP HOP HOP" although neither of her feet leave the ground, so it's more like bounce bounce bounce. When she runs, she wiggles her little bum and waves her arms all around. She is still a great climber and is finally catching on at swimming lessons in regards to what to do with her arms and legs (scoop and kick). She's pretty good at yelling and getting her needs met and most people can understand a good amount of what she is saying. At 5am when she yells out from her room "Mommy! Pokey Pokey! That's what all about!", I have a pretty good idea what she's trying to tell me, too. And just to toot my own horn a little, Reese switches back and forth between using "I" and "ME" fairly consistently and usually correctly. Yes, I'm the grammar police and yes I'm proud of this.
The only things Reese consistently doesn't like is riding in the car (which she's getting better about), getting dressed/changed, milk in a cup, eating, and dogs. Yup, my girl is not a fan of dogs. And this is not of my doing, I swear...hahaha. And lastly, she does not like being told she's a big girl. No way. I think she equates this with giving up her beloved bottle of milk/pediassure, and so if you tell her she is a big girl she will puff out her chest and point at it and loudly proclaim, "I baby. Mommy, I baby. I Reesey-baby. " Oh sweet pea, you'll always be my Reesey-baby...

No comments: