Thursday, December 17, 2009

thanksgiving in florida

Buckle up!
Within one minute of walking into the house, Reese found her bed and proclaimed it "REESEY BED!!!" She loved this duck and used it as a pillow everynight. She did surprisingly well in the toddler bed, although since we were all in the same room, 2 of the nights she climbed out and walked over to me and wanted to sleep with me. It was so dark in the room, I didn't know she was standing next to me until she quietly said my name...except one night when she sounded like a bull in a china shop and so I turned the light on. I will never forget how cute she looked as she ran over to me, still clumsy and sleepy and shading her eyes from the lamp.

Woohoo, it's pool time!







She very much liked "helping" load the dishwasher. She likes doing this at home, although she has been known to try and climb in so I try and shoo her away more than Grandpa did. She talked to him about every spoon (poon) and fork (fok...yeah, I know) that he put in.

We went to a gator zoo and Reese really liked it. To this day, when I put this shirt on her, she asks if we are going to see gators. I guess it's her gator shirt in her mind. Here she is watching the guide tell us that he is going to feed giant pieces of meat to the gators.

And then here she is watching the guide feed the giant pieces of meat to the gators. Yeah, it was something to see!

The giant pieces of meat eating gators.


Not interested in touching a small baby gator, although she does like to say "chomp chomp snap!" and clap her hands together now.
And as we left, Grandma G told Reese that she could pick something out at the gift shop, and so she did. A baby gorilla stuffed animal. Which makes perfect sense to me.



Did I post the video of Reese talking like a turkey? Nopes, I don't think so...I'll try and get to that, but basically it's of her wearing her turkey hat and me chasing her saying "Reesey, what does a turkey say?" and her yelling out "Bobble bobble!" It's cute.

Anyway, for Thanksgiving this year we went down to FL to visit the grandparents and as usual Reese was very excited for the adventure. We talked about it a lot...we're going to go on an airplane...we're flying down to Florida...we're going to see Grandpa and Grandma G and Uncle Derrick...and then we'll fly back to New Jersey. And what does Reese talk most about from these conversations? "Reesey from Jersey" is her favorite part. She's too much.


Unfortately while we were down there, I had the plague. Seriously, I didn't think I'd even make it on the flight and I'm sure if the airlines knew how sick I was, they wouldn't have let me on. Luckily I recovered a few days after we got back, but since I was feeling so dreadful, I really didn't take too many pictures, which I'm sad about. Here's a few of our girl, who by the way had a FANTABULOUS time with her grandparents and "Uncle Duck" and loved swimming, running all over the house bossing them all around (how many times did she tell Grandma G to "sit down!"?) and seeing the gators. And she loved the airplane...she still thinks that everytime we get in the car we are going to then get on an airplane.

No comments: