April Fool's Day has been a weird day for me ever since 1998 when I woke up at 4am and my bedroom was on fire. This year it seems that the trend has continued b/c on this April Fool's Day I will leave my 9 week old daughter with a (almost complete) stranger and go to work. How odd.
Maternity leave already seems like a distant memory, and its very sad. Its like our little Reese and Mommy bubble had been burst and we were being forced back into the world. Reese is not a morning person and I had to wake her up to get ready. She, as usual, didn't complain and we got to daycare at 9am...and she promptly fell back to sleep. I've spoken with them twice and she's doing well, in a good mood, and drinking all of her bottle...which is funny b/c I sent a lot more than she normally drinks. New environments must make a girl hungry!
Last night Reese laughed for the first time and it was just the cutest thing. She was in the tub getting her hair washed and smiling at me while I made funny faces at her and all of the sudden, a big giggle just came busting out! She only did it once, but it was just the sweetest thing ever. Can't wait for bathtime tonight to see if she does it again!
Maternity leave already seems like a distant memory, and its very sad. Its like our little Reese and Mommy bubble had been burst and we were being forced back into the world. Reese is not a morning person and I had to wake her up to get ready. She, as usual, didn't complain and we got to daycare at 9am...and she promptly fell back to sleep. I've spoken with them twice and she's doing well, in a good mood, and drinking all of her bottle...which is funny b/c I sent a lot more than she normally drinks. New environments must make a girl hungry!
Last night Reese laughed for the first time and it was just the cutest thing. She was in the tub getting her hair washed and smiling at me while I made funny faces at her and all of the sudden, a big giggle just came busting out! She only did it once, but it was just the sweetest thing ever. Can't wait for bathtime tonight to see if she does it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment