Monday, April 14, 2008

simliarities


In my mind, I have three children...some of you may disagree and that's fine. I have the late Mr. Egyptian Pettigrew, Paco Pangur, and Reese Megan. All three of my kids have a couple things in common and I'm starting to wonder if its something I'm doing that is causing this commonality. One thing they all have in common is how vocal they are. I'm sure many of you remember the loooong conversations one could have with Mr. Pettigrew. Paco also tends to talk a lot and usually responds if I ask him a question. He also knows quite a few words. And now Reese...she communicates quite a bit and is really doing some serious babbling and baby talk lately. She also recognizes quite a few phrases and will respond to them. Her babysitter and I agree that she might be an early talker, which will be so fun!


Another thing all three have in common is that they like to hold hands. Mr. Pettigrew frequently would sit on my lap and put his paw on my hand. And ever since we found Paco,he puts his paw in my palm and leaves it there even if I close my hand around it. And now Reese...quite a hand holder as well! Of course she'll close her hand around your finger reflexively, but she also wants to hold hands when she is feeling stressed or tired. Many times when we are in the car, which is not exactly her favorite place to be, she will calm down if holding someone's hand. This is difficult to do when I'm driving her somwhere by myself, but we've sort of figured out a way. And when we were introducing her to the bottle...drama drama drama...she often could be calmed by holding whomever's hand was giving her the bottle. She also likes to hold hands at night when she's sleepy and trying to settle down. And if she can't find your hand, she will wiggle her hands all over the place until she finds some skin somehow...whether it be by reaching up your sleeve to touch your arm or down the neck of your shirt to touch your chest. Its very sweet.


So what do you think? Is it me? Do I raise vocal hand-holding children? Or do all cats and babies like to hold hands and chatter away as much I do? This is something I need to ponder...


By the way, I'm one of "those moms" who tends to favor her youngest. I can't help it...she's so stinkin cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg my niece reese is the cutest ever with that lip!! love her!!