There is no better feeling than a good visit at the pediatrician's office! We've had a few that were not so good, but today's 18month well-visit went GREAT! Reese is healthy and looks wonderful. Her heart is strong, her soft spot on her head is good, her hips are perfect, and everything else is healthy and good. She showed off her verbal and sign language skills to everyone in the office. And she followed all the doctor's orders...turn this way, lay here, open your mouth, etc. I was told that not only was she gorgeous, but she is also developmentally ahead in terms of social skills and communication...I mean, what more do I need to hear to make me grin from ear to ear?
We got two shots today, the HepA and the HIB, so she is all caught up on the shots that we delayed except the MMR which she will get at her 2year well visit in January.
I asked a bunch of random questions today about some things that I knew were probably fine, but just wanted confirmation on and here are the answers I got.
Yes, her potbelly is normal. No, her feet do not turn in too much and actually they've started to turn out a little. No, her skin bumps are not from a disease but they are most likely heat rash or a contact rash and should just go away on their own. No, it's not a problem that she's gained 2 more birth marks and all of her birth marks look fine. Yes, her milk/boost intake is fine although keep trying to give her more food. Yes, those are mosquito bites...pretty nasty ones, too! Yes, it's ok for her to get her shots even though she may (slight chance) have been exposed to roseola.
So what were her stats? Well, I'm proud to say that Reese is STILL HANGING ON by a thread to the 1st percentile in weight (so no biweekly weight checks for us, yay!), that she grew to be in the 20th percentile for height (up from the 15th at her 15month well visit) and still has a head circumference in the 5th percentile....all proportional measurements. The doctor is NOT worried.
weight = 19lbs 3oz
height = 30 3/4 inches
head circ = 17 3/4 inches
1 comment:
Excellent!
And I think she scores 100 in the cuteness index. ;)
Post a Comment