Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ducks in the ocean

The other day when I picked up Reese from school, I asked her if she wanted to go see some ducks. She answered with "And feed them?" This seems to be a common question as she always wants to check on Paco's food and feed her baby and share her snacks with me. I don't know if I'm going overboard with the food talk or if she's somehow inherited my grandmother's baked potato syndrome, but either way it's cute. So we headed over to the duck pond and got out of the car, and were immediately assaulted by the welcoming committee...aka, the local white ducks or geese or whatever they are that like to verbally and physically assault you to see if you have any food for them...we didn't. As we walked down to what Reese insisted was "the ocean", I realized we forgot my camera, so we went back to the car. And as I stepped away from it, the welcoming committee welcomed us again...short term memory is apparently not their strong point and this time we actually had to run to get away from them. Again, we went down to see "the ducks in the ocean" (...or maybe Canadian Geese in a 1/2 frozen pond) and Reese just couldn't believe her eyes. There had to have been at least a million of them there...it was amazing. And the welcoming committee came around the other side and crossed the ice to come and welcome us again. Fabulous. After a while it became very chilly so we headed back to the car, and I guess the welcoming committe is also the bon voyage committee b/c they harassed us all the way back to our car and then after I buckled Reese into her seat and came around the back of the car to get in...they harrassed me again. Not the brightest ducks in the pond, but cute.




No comments: