"Look at me, Mommy! I usside down!"
With all the hubbub that's been going on lately, I wanted to make sure I got in the report from last night's Parent-Teacher Conference. It was the first one I ever attended as Reese's mom and she received a stellar "Infant/Toddler Progress Report". I'll retype it here b/c I'm so proud of my little scholar, although I might (you know I can't resist) add in a few bits of my own along the way.
Cognitive: Reese likes to build with blocks and knock them down. She can do picture puzzles without assistance. Reese can identify basic shapes and colors and can manipulate shape sorters, stacking cups and sorting cups.
Language: Reese uses a vocabulary of about 50-60 (my opinion is like 500-600) words. She uses short 3-4 word sentences. She will ask for help when she needs something, i.e. asking for milk, snack or lunch. She will sing along with prompting and enjoys story time. (And her teacher's actual quote was "her language is amazing...off the charts).
Fine Motor: Reese can use a glue stick and finger paints, but prefers to use a brush (what's up sensory?). She can scribble using a large crayon and can peel stickers from a sticker sheet independently.
Gross Motor: Reese can run, jump and kick a ball. She enjoys music and movement activities. She can climb outdoor play equipment on her own with no difficulty.
Social/Emotional: Reese likes to be held when she is upset. She plays well with other children in small group settings. She is learning to show empathy towards others when appropriate (I swear I didn't tell them to say that). She is now spending less and less time playing on her own and is interacting more, which is age appropriate. (And her teacher's exact words were "She's thriving and all the kids love her! She's little miss popular around here.")
Life Skills: Reese can feed herself with a spoon or fork. She uses a tissue to wipe her own nose and will wash her face and hands (obsessively) after eating. Reese tries to put on her own coat.
Unfortunately, Reese's teacher has given her notice and we are transitioning to a new teacher and new assistant teacher (Goodbye Miss Louis, we'll miss you. And I'm sure you'll miss Reese yelling out, "Hey Wouis!"). There are also 3-4 other little 18month olds who are moving from the baby room into the toddler room, increasing the class size to 7-9 kids depending on the day. I go back and forth about whether I like her school, but I'm glad at least to know that she is learning and is well liked. In fact last night when I picked her up, one of the bigger kids was telling his mom how much he "really really really liked little Reese". Awwww!

With all the hubbub that's been going on lately, I wanted to make sure I got in the report from last night's Parent-Teacher Conference. It was the first one I ever attended as Reese's mom and she received a stellar "Infant/Toddler Progress Report". I'll retype it here b/c I'm so proud of my little scholar, although I might (you know I can't resist) add in a few bits of my own along the way.
Cognitive: Reese likes to build with blocks and knock them down. She can do picture puzzles without assistance. Reese can identify basic shapes and colors and can manipulate shape sorters, stacking cups and sorting cups.
Language: Reese uses a vocabulary of about 50-60 (my opinion is like 500-600) words. She uses short 3-4 word sentences. She will ask for help when she needs something, i.e. asking for milk, snack or lunch. She will sing along with prompting and enjoys story time. (And her teacher's actual quote was "her language is amazing...off the charts).
Fine Motor: Reese can use a glue stick and finger paints, but prefers to use a brush (what's up sensory?). She can scribble using a large crayon and can peel stickers from a sticker sheet independently.
Gross Motor: Reese can run, jump and kick a ball. She enjoys music and movement activities. She can climb outdoor play equipment on her own with no difficulty.
Social/Emotional: Reese likes to be held when she is upset. She plays well with other children in small group settings. She is learning to show empathy towards others when appropriate (I swear I didn't tell them to say that). She is now spending less and less time playing on her own and is interacting more, which is age appropriate. (And her teacher's exact words were "She's thriving and all the kids love her! She's little miss popular around here.")
Life Skills: Reese can feed herself with a spoon or fork. She uses a tissue to wipe her own nose and will wash her face and hands (obsessively) after eating. Reese tries to put on her own coat.
Unfortunately, Reese's teacher has given her notice and we are transitioning to a new teacher and new assistant teacher (Goodbye Miss Louis, we'll miss you. And I'm sure you'll miss Reese yelling out, "Hey Wouis!"). There are also 3-4 other little 18month olds who are moving from the baby room into the toddler room, increasing the class size to 7-9 kids depending on the day. I go back and forth about whether I like her school, but I'm glad at least to know that she is learning and is well liked. In fact last night when I picked her up, one of the bigger kids was telling his mom how much he "really really really liked little Reese". Awwww!
No comments:
Post a Comment