First they checked her out and looked her over and pronounced she looks great, if not very small. They were impressed by her verbal skills and said that her physical development is right on target. We discussed the feeding evaluation and I told them my concerns and the doctor said to keep her in the loop. I also told them that the feeding team had prescribed the reflux medication that came in the form of caplets and that I was to open the caplets and mix what was inside them into her food....um, she doesn't eat. And the inside of the caplets isn't a powder, it's like these little round balls that don't dissolve very well. Thus when I tried to put them in her juice, she complained of having rocks in her mouth and spit them out. And I'm supposed to give them to her 2 hours after eating and a half hour prior to eating. And to be honest, this is just all too much and totally ridiculous and the pediatrician agreed. So she prescribed us the dissolvable tablets and although they've taken a few different tries, we have successfully been getting them into Reese for about two weeks now...and have seen no difference. Anyhooo....
They also weighed and measured Reese, and this is where things got a little confusing. At her feeding eval just 4 days earlier, she weighed 22lbs 4oz with her clothes on and was 30.75inches tall. At her 18month well visit she was 19lbs 3oz and 30.75inches tall. This doesn't make sense. I know she's gotten at least a little taller lately. So I was curious how the 2year well visit stats would compare. Well, they measured her as 21lbs 4oz with her clothes off (below 5th% for weight) and 33inches tall (25% for height). No way. This makes even less sense. She's at least a head shorter than EVERY kid in her class, except the one itty bitty girl who is only like 16months old. I think the weight actually sounds about right and she was weighed on the same scale she is always weighed on, but the height is crazy. So when we got home I put her up against the wall and measured her myself and she is 31.75inches tall, which is also just below the 5th% for height. And that makes a lot more sense to me, but it means that for both height and weight she is still below the charts. And to be honest, her eating lately has actually gotten worse if you can believe that. But we're still trying not to worry and hoping the feeding team contacts us soon for our appointment. Hello? Feeding team? Ya still out there? What the heck is going on with our appointment?
And then at the end of the appointment, she got her first MMR shot, which we delayed until two years old. That one was a doozy, although I don't know if she was more agitated by the pain from the shot or the bandaid, which she immediately screeched "GET IT OFF!" when the nurse put it on. But she is a trooper and although she got her "ouch", she got over it fairly quickly. We've been back to the pediatricians a few times since then and the first time back she asked me if she was getting an ouch, but she hasn't asked since then, so I guess she's over it.
So long story short: she's healthy, she's fine, and she's small. Pretty much what we already knew. And here's a funny picture that grandpa snapped the other day in the snow...she still doesn't really like to touch the snow, but I guess walking along paths is ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment