
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
20lbs and one year old
Where we live, and in many other areas, the law is that a child has to be at least one year old AND twenty pounds in order to face forward in the car. Until they hit both of those requirements, they need to be rear facing, and there is even more evidence now that staying rear facing until at least age two is actually safer for children. Reese has never liked riding in the car and it has been a constant source of stress in my life. She screams and cries and freaks out while I'm driving and either J or I is usually riding in the backseat with her if we go places together to try and calm the beast that she becomes. Anyone who goes anywhere with me knows...you have to ride in the back with Reese...many of you have done it for me and I've appreciated it so much! It's really not fun when she's so sad. And unless you've had a child who dislikes the car, you really don't know how stressful this is to drive around by yourself with someone freaking out all the time in the back. Trust me...it's awful. But, the good news is finally here! Reese now weighs over twenty pounds, she is over a year old, and she's actually reached the secondary suggestion of being over two years old! Yay!!! So yesterday we turned her around and she seemed pretty happy about it. Unfortunately now I can't get away with sneaking snacks in the front because she can see me, but that's ok....I'll trade that for the decrease in screaming, no question!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment