
Sunday, February 21, 2010
my baby was so sick
The week we lost my grandmother was so hard in so many ways, but one way that kept me really on my toes was that Reesey was sick. Really sick. Like, scary sick. And we were having a blizzard. She had a fever over 100 for 8 days straight and three times it was over 103. I can't tell you how scared I was. She also had crazy upper respiratory problems, coughing, sneezing, runny everything, vomiting, and a whole lot more. It was horrible, and I was in such a fog I don't even remember half of it. And then just as quickly as it came on, it went away. And it was as if that week of sleepless nights, and panic attacks followed by tepid baths at 3am, and waiting for the phone to ring and for it be the on-call pediatrician calling me back, and treacherous trips to the 24hour pharmacy during a blizzard....like it never happened. Now that the fog has lifted, I wonder if we went through H1N1, but there's no way to know b/c by the time we got back to the pediatrician's after the blizzard passed, she'd been on antibiotics (just in case) for a few days. Here she is during that dreadful week sleeping on me while we hung out on the couch. I'm just so glad that week is behind us.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment