Friday, April 10, 2009

and with a spoon no less!

Reese went back to the doctor yesterday for yet another weight check. The news is.....are you ready.....here it comes...wait for it...its really exciting....TWO OUNCES! Yes that's right, our girl has gained a whopping two ounces and now weighs 17lbs 5oz. And this time the doctor actually said "This is not good. I'm going to review it and see if we need to do additional bloodwork." On a positive note, she also said "She looks healthy and fine and I'm glad to see she is so obviously meeting all of her milestones and since her other bloodwork all came back normal, I'm not anticipating anything wrong with her" ...all while Reese was JUMPING (I'm not even kidding) up and down and yelling "Hi baby!!" over and over.

So Reese and mommy came home and had a little heart to heart about eating and food and how even though she is a picky picky 14 month old (I can relate and I appreciate her finicky ways probably better than most), she still has to eat. This has gone on long enough...its time. She agreed to try chicken nuggets again, and this time we had some success. And we had it using a spoon, which is ironic since her hatred of all things on a spoon is legendary. Regardless, she ate about one entire chicken nugget and a few pretzles for dinner. And this morning she ate not one, but TWO entire mini waffles with butter and maple syrup, plus a handful of cheerios...now THAT is something!

Check her out AND check out her talking and signing...if you can't understand her or don't know sign language, don't worry...I translate for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have heard that conversation and I wish it would have worked with you.
Grammy

Samantha said...

Yay Reese!! :)

{That's how Noah signs all done too.... though, lately, he's started brushing off his hands when we ask him if he is all done!}