Friday, July 31, 2009

sometimes...

...Little Miss Reese is Little Miss I'm-Having-A-Bad-Day Reese. She's getting her I-teeth and she's finding her inner oppositional self and she's climbing like crazy. The combination can be somewhat deadly to the blog...b/c I spend the majority of the day either getting her down from high places, wiping away tears, distracting to the point where even I forget what the original issue was, and ignoring the tantrums. She's still our sweetie in there somewhere, but somedays just stink.


The other day Reese had a particularly upsetting day. She woke up early and I wasn't there b/c I was at a triathlon taking notes and cheering on the comptetitors. J said that Reese was a little annoyed that "the momma" wasn't there, so he took her to the REALLY cool park to get her mind off of things. When I spoke to them, she was screaming in the background b/c he wouldn't let her go up the REALLY high slide. Based on her fearless behaviors in the past, I don't let her on that slide either. After the park, they met me back at home and Reese had fallen asleep. J put her in her crib and somehow blankie moved up on top of her head and she woke up a sweaty mess. She wanted to go outside so I put her in the stroller and attempted to walk her around the block, but I swear it was 1000 degrees and I thought I was going to pass out so we came home pretty quickly...she was not happy. When we got home is when I noticed 3 of her I-teeth were cutting through and the 4th looked close behind. I noticed b/c she was screaming at me at the top of her lungs with her mouth wide open. Ouch! So we all loaded into the car and headed to the pool. We found a good spot, lubed her up with the 900 gallons of sunscreen she needs (she hates this. hates hates hates this.) and as soon as we were ready to jump in the pool for some relief from the heat, we heard a HUGE boom of thunder and the lifeguards blew the whistles and called everyone out of the pool. Oh boy. We walked our screaming, sunscreened, overheated baby back to the car and when we tried to wrestle her back into her carseat, the hot clip gently grazed her legs. So on top of the "no no no no!" she was screaming while arching her back, she then was screaming "hot hot hot hot!" We got home and said, "Maybe we should just put a nice show on for Reesey and try to relax." and she responded by pointing at the tv and jumping up and down yelling "Elmo! Elmo!!" So we turned the tv on and flicked to her fave channel and....poof. The cable went out.
It just wasn't her day.

No comments: